您所在的位置首页>>外语类>>英语四级>>英语四级历年试题>>
 
新疆招生考试网--新疆权威重点专业招生考试资讯网站,是新疆教育、招生、公务员、各类资格考试网络第一媒体
CET4淘金词汇 (1)
新疆招生考试网 2007-9-8 0:47:14
页面功能 【字体: 】【 打印此文 】 【 关闭

appoint vt. 任命,委派;约定

Elaine Zhao, who was appointed as Secretary of Labor, is the first Chinese in the cabinet of the U.S. government.

赵小兰被任命为美国劳工部部长, 成为美国政府内阁成员中的第一位华裔.

Let's appoint a time for the meeting.

我们定个时间开会吧.

appointment n. 约会,约定; 任命,委派

You should keep an appointment after you make it.

约好了就要守约.

The appointment of Deng Yaping as member of the International Olympic Committee excited us.

邓亚萍被任命为国际奥委会委员, 这使我们兴奋不已.

arrange vi. 做安排,做准备 vt.安排;整理

To our surprise, the fancy ball that she arranged turned out to be such a failure.

出乎意料, 她安排的化妆舞会竟然会这样失败.

I don't like anyone else to arrange my room for me, no one knows where I usually put my stuff.

我不喜欢别人为我整理房间, 因为没人知道我能常把东西放哪.

We have arranged for the goods to be dispatched to you at once.

我们已为立即向你发运商品做好准备.

Please make your own arrangements for accommodations.

请自行安排住宿.

Flower arrangement is an art that I know nothing of.

我对插花艺术一窍不通.

attention n. 注意,专心;

That swellhead never pays attention to what other people say.

那个自大狂从来不听别人的话.

You must give a lot of attention to babies.

婴孩必须给予很多关心和照顾.

attract vt. 吸引,引起...的注意

Games can attract students' interest in learning English.

游戏能引起学生对学英语的兴趣.

attraction n. 吸引力; 吸引人的事物或人

The idea of working for state-owned enterprises
has little attraction to young people nowadays.

现在去国有企业就职的想法,对年轻人没有多少吸引力.

The convenience of city life is one of its main attractions.

便利是城市生活主要的诱人处之一.

The Great Wall of China is one of the greatest tourist attractions in the world.

中国长城是世界上最令人向往的旅游胜地之一.

delay n. 耽搁; 延迟的时间 vt.& vt.耽搁,拖延

Please do it without delay.

请马上行动.

The deadline to hand in our proposals was delayed by 2 days.

我们提交计划书的最后期限推迟两天.

Don't delay what you should do today.

不要拖延.今天就做你该做的事情.

We decided to delay our holidays until the weather improves.

我们决定推迟我们度假的时间直至天气好转.

如果遇到有关各类招生考试问题,请找《帮打听》!
责任编辑:(xuening)
信息来源:《新疆招生考试网》
[上一篇]:CET4淘金词汇 (2)
[下一篇]:领会四级词汇
新疆招生考试网》版权与免责声明
①凡本站注明“稿件来源:新疆招生考试网”的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属本网所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本站协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"信息来源:新疆招生考试网",违者本站将依法追究责任。
② 本站注明信息来源为其他媒体的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本站转载出于非商业性的教育招生和考试信息传达之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者在两周内速来电或来函联系,我们将在第一时间做出处理。
新疆招生考试网|新疆教育网|新疆考试王|新疆招生网|新疆公务员考试网|新疆教育招生网|新疆人事考试网|新疆生活网